The terms set out in this document (“Terms“) apply to your use of www.automsupplierfinder.com (“Website“).
The Website is owned and operated by The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders Limited (“SMMT“), 71 Great Peter Street London SW1P 2BN, a registered company in England and Wales, Company Number 74359, VAT number GB238893808
To contact SMMT, please email [email protected] or telephone the switchboard on 0207 235 7000
By using the website you accept these terms
- By continuing to use this Website you confirm that you have read and accept these Terms, and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not accept these Terms in their entirety you must not use the Website. SMMT recommends that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
- Copyright: All rights, including copyright and database right in the material contained in the website and respective content are owned by SMMT, licensed by third parties for use by SMMT or otherwise used by SMMT as permitted by applicable law.
- Materials on this website may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for
- your own personal non-commercial use;
- the purposes of evaluating, and (if applicable) pursuing, the potential sale or purchase of automotive products or services; and
- as otherwise expressly permitted.
- Any other use of the materials on this website requires the prior express permission of SMMT or applicable third party. All commercial use enquiries for SMMT materials should be directed to [email protected].
- The website contains information concerning various third parties who offer products or services compatible with Automotive Supplier Finder services. Such information is provided for your convenience only. SMMT is not responsible for and does not warrant any third party product or service or the accuracy of any description.
There are other terms that may apply to you
These Terms refer to the following additional documents, which also apply to the use of the Website:
Scope of the Automotive Supplier Finder service
You can use the Website both as a buyer and as a supplier of automotive products and services. The Website enables you to:
- Where you are a supplier:
- provide details of the products and services you, or your company, can supply;
- confirm interest in providing information and/or a quotation (as applicable) to buyers requesting such information or a quotation.
- Where you are a buyer:
- search the directory of products and services offered by other suppliers;
- submit requests for information and/or requests for quotations to suppliers; and
- obtain contact details for suppliers (with their permission).
The Website facilitates introductions to the buyers and suppliers using the Website. The purchase of products or services cannot be completed through the Website. You will need to enter into a direct contractual relationship with the supplier or buyer (as applicable) offline to complete the sale or purchase of products or services listed on the Website. For the avoidance of doubt, SMMT does not itself sell or offer any automotive product or service to you through the Website.
Listings on the Website do not constitute should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of the quality, service level, or qualification of any supplier or its products or services listed. You must not hold SMMT liable or responsible for any act or omission of a third party user of the Website (whether a supplier or buyer, or otherwise).
You may request, or provide, Confidential Information through the Website. “Confidential Information” for these purposes means information relating to the business, operations, processes, product information, pricing, know-how, technical information, designs, and/or trade secrets of the disclosing party, or its group, and any other information which is either identified as being of a confidential or proprietary nature or that ought to be considered as confidential.
If you receive Confidential Information through the Website, you must:
- keep the Confidential Information secret and confidential;
- not use or exploit the Confidential Information in any way except for the purposes of evaluating, and (if applicable) pursuing, the business opportunity to which it relates;
- not directly or indirectly disclose or make available any Confidential Information in whole or in part to any person, except as expressly permitted by the disclosing party; and
- not copy, reduce to writing or otherwise record the Confidential Information except as strictly necessary for the purposes of evaluating, and (if applicable) pursuing, the business opportunity to which it relates.
The obligations in the preceding sentence do not apply to Confidential Information to the extent such information;
- is, or becomes, generally available to the public other than as a direct or indirect result of the information being disclosed by the receiving party in breach of these Terms;
- was available to the receiving party on a non-confidential basis prior to disclosure by the disclosing party;
was, is, or becomes available to the receiving party on a non-confidential basis from a person who, to the receiving party’s knowledge, is not under any confidentiality obligation in respect of that information; or
- was lawfully in the possession of the receiving party before the information was disclosed by the disclosing party.
You may disclose the Confidential Information to your colleagues and professional advisers on the basis that you inform those colleagues and professional advisers of the confidential nature of the Confidential Information before it is disclosed, and ensure that they comply with the confidentiality obligations set out in these Terms.
You may also disclose Confidential Information to the minimum extent required by:
- an order of any court of competent jurisdiction or any regulatory, judicial, governmental or other authority of competent jurisdiction; or
- the rules of any listing authority or stock exchange on which your company’s shares, or those of any of its group companies, are listed or traded; or
- the laws or regulations of any country to which your company’s affairs, or those of any of its group companies, are subject.
Changes to these terms and to the website
SMMT may change these Terms at any time by posting changes on the Website. It is your responsibility to review the updated Terms. Your continued use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of the latest version of these Terms. You may be required to read and accept the updated Terms to continue your use of the Website.
SMMT may update and change the Website from time to time.
Intellectual property rights
All rights in the Website and its contents are owned by SMMT and its licensors. Materials on the Website may not be copied, modified, made available, or otherwise used in any way except for your own personal (non-commercial) use and for the purposes of evaluating, and (if applicable) pursuing, the potential sale or purchase of automotive products or services. Any other use of the materials on the Website requires the prior express permission of SMMT. All commercial use enquiries for SMMT materials should be directed to [email protected].
Use of the website
You are required to use a password to access the Automotive Supplier Finder services through the Website. You agree to:
- make sure that all details you provide during the registration process (including any details about your age) are truthful and accurate;
- let us know promptly if any of the details you have provided stop being accurate;
- use an appropriate profile name. You must not pretend to be someone else or try to register a profile name which could be considered offensive or defamatory;
- be entirely responsible for any activity that occurs under your profile name;
- keep secret your login details (including your password) - you must change your password if you believe it is no longer secret;
- set up no more than one account for the Website; and
- tell us as soon as you can if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
You agree only to use the Website in a lawful manner for lawful purposes, and not to:
- infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Website by any person;
- harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person;
- transmit obscene or offensive content;
- attempt to access any part of the Website (or any system or network) unless authorized to do so; or
- disrupt the normal operation of the Website.
SMMT reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Website at any time without giving reasons.
The images, logos, branding, and names on the Website which identify SMMT, members of the SMMT, or other persons, and their respective products and services, are proprietary marks of SMMT or the relevant third parties. No right or licence is granted to any person with respect to any such image, logo, branding, or name.
Where hypertext links to other websites have been provided, this has been done so for your information and convenience only. Should you activate any of these links, you will leave the Website and SMMT has no control over, does not endorse and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the material on any such other website. You are advised to ensure that you familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of use for each of the websites concerned, prior to your use of the services and information they provide.
Rules about linking to the Website
You may link to the Website homepage, as long as you do so in a fair and legal way and do not do so in a way which could damage SMMT’s reputation or take advantage of it. You must not link to any subpages, or any password protected area of the Website, or make any direct links to files which are made available through the Website.
You must not:
- establish a link which suggests any association, approval, or endorsement by SMMT unless SMMT has given you written permission;
- insert links to the Website on any other website which contains content which is illegal, infringes any rights (such as the intellectual property rights of another person), or contains any adult content; or
- establish a link to the Website on any website that is not owned by you.
SMMT can cancel any linking permission at any time and object to any such links and require you to remove them. If you wish to link to or make any use of content on the Website other than that set out above, please contact SMMT at [email protected].
SMMT does not guarantee that the Website will be secure, or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must use all reasonable endeavours not to introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
The Website and its contents are provided on an ‘as-is’ and ‘as available’ basis, without any representation or warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, and accuracy. Any such term is excluded to the extent permissible under applicable law. SMMT does not warrant or represent that the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website (or its content) will be complete or accurate.
SMMT does not exclude or limit its liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes: (i) liability for death or personal injury caused by SMMT’s negligence or the negligence of SMMT’s employees, agents or subcontractors; and (ii) liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. Subject to the previous sentence, SMMT will not be liable for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website.
In particular, but without prejudice to the generality of the preceding sentence, SMMT will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- loss of data;
- losses suffered by third parties; or
- any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or the materials contained therein regardless of the form of action.
No liability is accepted for any agreement you enter into with any third party as a consequence of your use of the Automotive Supplier finder or any other SMMT owned website.
In the event that we are liable to you, our liability will not exceed £100 per cause of action up to a maximum liability of £500 in aggregate.
Access to the member’s profile
SMMT Members have the opportunity to include (and view) extended company profile information. Information shared through the website is to be viewed for the sole purpose of the online service facilitated by the Website. Additional terms may apply to your use of the website.
SMMT has the right to disable any access credentials at any time without notice.
These Terms, and any issues arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
SMMT may bring proceedings against you in any court anywhere in the world, particularly in circumstances where our intellectual property rights may be being infringed, or SMMT is seeking emergency relief such as an injunction.
Should any of the provisions of these Terms be determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that provision is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.