We have been made aware of a business opportunity to potentially supply into a vehicle manufacturer in Turkey. Ford Otosan is looking for new potential suppliers based in the UK. This opportunity was mentioned at SMMT’s webinar back in December 2020.
- UK based manufacturers with end-to-end responsibility for the manufacturing, quality and warranty for their components.
- Volumes – depending on the commodity but in the range of 10 – 700k per annum.
- Quality standards – IATF 16949, Ford Q1 preferable.
Please see commodity areas below but please note:
- Electrification – suppliers for electrification parts
- Technical – opportunity for UK competitive suppliers that would like to develop a partnership with a manufacturer based in Turkey.
- No supply base - any UK-based suppliers considering a new footprint/partnership in Turkey.
Please complete the below form to be part of the list of suppliers.
Closed Requests 2021
An SMMT member is looking for a company with warehouse capacity to store approximately 80 pallets of product on a temporary basis, due to disrupted supplies from the EU.
- Period for warehouse storage: 3rd week of February for 2 months.
- Warehouse capacity: 80 pallets of product.
- Idea location: South West region (England, UK), but they are open to areas further afield (UK only).
- Deadline of response: 8 February 2021