KAMAZ is seeking potential UK suppliers for a range of new electrified truck and bus products.
The KAMAZ Group of Companies is the largest automobile corporation in the Russian Federation. KAMAZ PTC is one of the world's top 20 heavy duty truck producers and ranks 16th by production volumes of heavy-duty trucks with GVW exceeding 16 tonnes. Production capacity is 71 thousand vehicles a year.
- Energy storage solutions:
- Electric drive transmissions
- Electric voltage blocks,
- Invert circuits
- Autonomous transport:
- Identification/recognition algorithms,
- Algorithms for autonomous driving,
- Software for autonomous vehicles
- Designing hydrogen vehicles:
- Everything ranging from fuel cells up to technologies
If your company can supply any of the above products, please complete the below form.
Kamaz RFI Form
Closed Requests 2021
An SMMT member is looking for a company with warehouse capacity to store approximately 80 pallets of product on a temporary basis, due to disrupted supplies from the EU.
- Period for warehouse storage: 3rd week of February for 2 months.
- Warehouse capacity: 80 pallets of product.
- Idea location: South West region (England, UK), but they are open to areas further afield (UK only).
- Deadline of response: 8 February 2021
We have been made aware of a business opportunity to potentially supply into a vehicle manufacturer in Turkey. Ford Otosan is looking for new potential suppliers based in the UK. This opportunity was mentioned at SMMT’s webinar back in December 2020.
- UK based manufacturers with end-to-end responsibility for the manufacturing, quality and warranty for their components.
- Volumes – depending on the commodity but in the range of 10 – 700k per annum.
- Quality standards – IATF 16949, Ford Q1 preferable.
Please see commodity areas below but please note:
- Electrification – suppliers for electrification parts
- Technical – opportunity for UK competitive suppliers that would like to develop a partnership with a manufacturer based in Turkey.
- No supply base - any UK-based suppliers considering a new footprint/partnership in Turkey.
One of our buyers who will be joining our SMMT Meet the Buyer May 2021 is looking for suppliers who can supply automotive plastics scrap with the aim to process the plastics scrap back into the industry or back into other areas such as the packaging the industry uses in vast quantities.